Garden Leadership and Roles
The community garden is organized and run by volunteers, who serve on a Board of Directors and various subcommittees, to meet the needs of the Garden. Gardeners are encouraged to get involved in the direction of the garden and bring any suggestions/proposals for improvement/addition before the Board either at their monthly meeting or at an all garden meeting. The Board meets the first Tuesday of every month at the Verona Public Library from 7 pm – 8:45 pm, all gardeners are welcome to attend these meetings. Please contact any Board member no later than the last Tuesday of the month to request an item be placed on the meeting agenda.
Board Members and Garden Leaders:
President: John Wedberg
Secretary: Michele Harding
Treasurer: Deb Klein
Registrar: Jill Migon
At-large Members: Joy Follendorf, Brian Rizzo, Deborah Vaughan, Bob Zinkel
The Garden Board of Directors has the following duties and responsibilities:
- They coordinate lectures and events for the garden members.
- They form temporary, non-voting committees on an ad-hoc basis.
- They consider advice from each committee or individual, and make rules for the garden.
- They are the final arbiters in any dispute.
- They will review the financial policy of the garden and make financial decisions.
- They coordinate with government officials to meet the garden’s obligations and needs.
- They have the absolute discretion to refuse a plot to a gardener or dismiss a current gardener.
- They will monitor completion of committee tasks and fulfillment of volunteer hours and can delegate tasks as needed.
- They are responsible for developing agendas for and facilitating general membership meetings.